Friday, February 12, 2010

Clabber Girl Baking Powder Biscuits- Drinda Hansen (My mom)Orem,Utah

Light, Tasty Biscuits -
preheat oven to 475 degrees
Sift together 2 C. flour, 2 1/2 tsp. B.pwd., adn 1/2 tsp. salt
Cut in 1/3 C. shortening ( I use imperial margarine)
I use my hand mixer until it looks like coarse corn meal.
Add 3/4 C. milk and blend lightly with fork only until flour is moistened.
(if you mix too long the biscuits will not be light or fluffy!)
Turn out on lightly floured counter.................. knead lightly
and roll 3/4" thick. Cut dough into hearts, or circles( I use a glass)
stack 2 high on a lightly greased cookie sheet bake 12-15 minutes,
until golden- because they are 2 high, they break apart perfect, and they are
light ,fluffy, and delicious! Just like my Mom made!
I have to double this recipe for my crowd!
print this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment