Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rolls- Michelle (by way of Cindy Thompson a friend from Pocatello)

Cinnamon Roll Variation

As you can see, these didn't even make it to the table before they were eaten up!

This dough can be made into any roll-dinner, cinnamon, caramel, orange, parmesan,rosemary, etc.

( Note*I use a Mill & Mixmixer for breads,  it is HUGE-consider halfing the recipe, it makes 7 dozen nice sized rolls!
In a your mixer bowl-
6 C. warm water- (120 degrees =perfect)
Add 1 C. pwd milk and whisk till smooth
Add:
6 T. yeast (I use instant)
1 C. Oil
1 1/2 C. sugar -or I use 1 C. honey
stir, and let sit a few minutes -till frothy
Add:
2 T. Salt
6 beaten Eggs
Flour- 1 cup at a time until well mixed (About 15 Cups- more or less depending on the humidity, moisture content of flour, etc. it should look glossy and smooth)
mix for about 7 minutes ...( because 7 is my favorite number, that's why..)
This will be a sticky dough
Grease a large bowl, put dough into bowl to rise
cover with a piece of plastic wrap that you spray with PAM
(I use two, because my bowl is so HUGE!)
rise till double, punch, let rise again, punch,
Set oven to 400 degrees-
Prepare pans with PAM or lightly oil.
For dinner rolls:
 pinch off dough into balls the sie of a golf ball.
 I put 4 across and 6 down on  my 11x 15 pans
Let rise again. Till double.
(I set the pans on the oven-and put a flour sack towel, or two
over the top of the oven to make a tent so they will rise faster)
Then bake for 12 minutes, until golden!
For cinnamon rolls I melt a cube of butter and spread it over the rolled out dough
then I heavily sprinkle cinnamon, and lightly sprinkle sugar over and roll up.
Cut with a piece of dental floss, or a sharp knife on the cutting board.
(not the counter or you will be in trouble!)
Robert likes clover leaf rolls: roll dough into large marble sized balls,
drop three into a PAM prepared muffin cup, bake about 10-12 min.
Remember, all ovens are do cook at the same temp. Watch your first batch near the end
of the time, to make sure you don't burn these delicious morsels!
print this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment